Our league always welcomes new teams where we can, and clubs can enter as many teams in as many disciplines as they like.
|When does the season run?
|From October until the end of April.
|When is the entry deadline?
|How much is entry?
|£5 per team per dicipline. e.g. 1 mixed team, and 1 ladies team costs £10
2021/22: League entries are free
|Where are matches played?
|Matches are organised by clubs, and are played at club's home venues. Teams play each other twice per season (once as the home team and once as the away team).
Clubs organise their own matches, with half being played at a club’s home venue. Therefore new clubs will need to source courts for around 5 matches in the season (Oct-April) per team. Teams field 3 pairs for a match, and each pair plays each opposition pair – so a match consists of 9 rubbers. Each rubber is best of 3 sets to 21 points with setting, and counts for 1 League point. See the scoresheet below as an example. This tends to take approximately 2.5 hours on 2 courts (i.e. 5 court hours).
Players can be of any age, as long as they arrive on time, have a captain to organise the team, and are respectful on and off court.
For any club wanting to join us, our requirements of your club are that you*:
- Are a Badminton England registered club (with players registered in addition)
- Pay a small league fee (£5 per team per season)
- Have a named match secretary(s) who can organise the season’s matches in August, who can attend the annual fixtures meeting where most of these are set.
- Ensure a representative of the club is able to attend the AGM in July.
- Give us a commitment to ensuring 6 players can play in each match and that no more than 2 matches are going to be missed or conceded.
- Give us assurances that an on-the-day captain will be assigned for each match, to record and submit scores, ensure smooth running of games, etc.
- Commit to teams that are joining/not joining our league by 1st August.
New teams typically join in the bottom division.
Please get in touch with the committee at email@example.com if you have any further questions!