Our league always welcomes new teams where we can, and clubs can enter as many teams in as many disciplines as they like.
|When does the season run?||From October until the end of April.|
|When is the entry deadline?||17th September|
|How much is entry?||£5 per team per dicipline. e.g. 1 mixed team, and 1 ladies team costs £10
2021/22: League entries are free
|Where are matches played?||Matches are organised by clubs, and are played at club's home venues. Teams play each other twice per season (once as the home team and once as the away team).|
Clubs organise their own matches, with half being played at a club’s home venue. Therefore new clubs will need to source courts for around 5 matches in the season (Oct-April) per team. All matches are best of 3 games to 21 points, with setting. Teams field 3 pairs for a match, and each pair plays each opposition pair – so a match consists of 9 rubbers. Each rubber counts for 1 League point. See the scoresheet below as an example. This tends to take approximately 2.5 hours on 2 courts (i.e. 5 court hours).
Players can be of any age, as long as they arrive on time, have a captain to organise the team, and are respectful on and off court.
For any club wanting to join us, our requirements of your club are that you*:
- Are a Badminton England registered club (with players registered in addition)
- Pay a small league fee (£5 per team per season)
- Have a named match secretary(s) who can organise the season’s matches in August, who can attend the annual fixtures meeting where most of these are set.
- Ensure a representative of the club is able to attend the AGM in July.
- Give us a commitment to ensuring 6 players can play in each match and that no more than 2 matches are going to be missed or conceded.
- Give us assurances that an on-the-day captain will be assigned for each match, to record and submit scores, ensure smooth running of games, etc.
- Commit to teams that are joining/not joining our league by 1st August.
New teams always join in the bottom division.
Please get in touch with a member of the committee if you have any further questions!
* Note that some of these requirements are waived for the 2021/22 ‘friendly’ season – see the relevant post and/or the minutes of the 2021 AGM.